broken plate bolt

John R Fortiner pianoserv440@juno.com
Mon, 11 Jun 2001 22:15:28 -0600

Ron does have it pretty well covered as Jim B. said.  Just one suggestion
- Any drilling you should do with a LEFT-HANDED drill bit if you can
place your hands on one.  You just might lucky ( hope on that one  ) and
have the drill bit catch enough of the fastener to turn it out itself
with the drill running counterclockwise.
I am sure glad that was not a 3" bolt as originally stated. :-))

John R. Fortiner
Billings, MT.
On Mon, 11 Jun 2001 06:25:55 EDT JIMRPT@AOL.COM writes:
> Dave;
>  Ron N. has pretty well covered it. I might add though that it is a
> good
> practice to 'back click' your plate fasteners before tightening and
> from your
> description it dosen't sound as if you did on this particular
> thingee. The
> old Knabes had oak rims, for the most part, and those suckers are
> HARD! :-)
> Jim Bryant (FL)

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.