restringing/restoring my piano...

Stephen Airy stephen_airy@yahoo.com
Mon, 11 Jun 2001 20:55:40 -0700 (PDT)

Whenever I get around to doing some more work on my
piano (it needs new strings, for example), when I
restring it, what things should I look for to
determine whether or not I need to remove the plate in
order to do some things?  From what I can see,
although I'm not using very good light, the soundboard
is not cracked, the plate is fine although could use a
relaquer, and the bass bridge needs epoxy or at most
to be recapped.