Is age a factor?

MoodyPiano@AOL.COM MoodyPiano@AOL.COM
Mon, 11 Jun 2001 18:06:51 EDT

Dear Clyde,

I would definitely think that age is a factor.  I would say its more likely
for you to find a 4 year old, mint condition piano than a 20 year old, mint
condition piano.

But I am more confused as to how she can say that the piano is in mint
condition without having the model, serial number, or age.  To make an
accurate (not ignorant) assesment of condition, she would have needed to have
it assessed by a technician.  If she did indeed have it assessed by a
technician then she would have received the information on the model and
serial number (and most likely age) in the process.

As it sounds she is making an ignorant assesment of the condition of the
piano. And while the piano may not have been outwardly abused and may look in
mint condition, the possibility is there that the uninformed seller hasn't
had her pristine piano tuned in 15 years because it hasn't "needed" it and
sees no harm in having the piano rest against her baseboard heating, etc, etc.

People are often calling us to sell their "mint" condition piano and very
rarely do these "mint" pianos turn out to be the real thing.

I definitely agree with you about not persuing a piano when someone wants to
hide information.

~Lanie

Moody Piano & Organ
Marlborough, MA 01752