Kiln dried vs Natural seasoning

Richard Brekne rbrekne@broadpark.no
Mon, 11 Jun 2001 20:43:10 +0200

Paul wrote:

> Richard
> How does Bosendorfer get their wood dry enough to process it. Isn't a
> moisture content of 6-7% required for good machining and gluing?
>
> Paul Chick

They didnt say Paul. They just make a point out of the fact that they dont
use Kiln dried woods, and refer to the process they use as natural dried. If
you want a full description of just how they treat their woods, when, where,
and why they eventually use any form of heating to dry wood further (if they
do at all), I would have to see if I can find somebody who has been to the
factory.

That being said...I would be very suprised if there was not quite a variety
of approaches in how different factories deem different woods are best
treated and handled before taken in use. A quick round the table questioning
of them about that, and their reasons for doing so would no doubt be quite
an experience.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.