Decker Grand

Mon, 11 Jun 2001 07:44:23 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Farrell" <mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: June 11, 2001 4:51 AM
Subject: Re: Decker Grand

> No, but the lady wants me to get the action working (functioning) so that
> her daughter can start taking lessons (rough regulation, refelt frame,
> etc.). I took the action to my shop, but I need to stop back at her home
> measure string height for bench regulation (did not have my guage with
me).
> Anyway, I need to go visit the piano again within the next few weeks. I
> would be happy to take a photo or two. What exactly do you wish to
view?????

> Terry Farrell

The bass/tenor area capo d'astro bars and the area around the lower tenor
bridge and the bass bridge showing the backscale. Decker was one of the few
builders that got this right later on. I'd like to see how they were done in
this piano. It's a bit older than the others I've seen and, from your
description, somewhat different in its design concept.

Don't forget to check out that damper system before you get too far into
things.

Regards,

Del