The bottom line versus integrity

Kevin E. Ramsey ramsey@extremezone.com
Sat, 9 Jun 2001 09:27:43 -0700

    I certainly wasn't meaning to compare my situation with Mozart's. =
Actually, a professor of mine ( long ago ) said that Mozart died =
penniless because every time he got his hands on money, he would waste =
it. A great musical mind, with absolutely no monetary sense..........

Kevin E. Ramsey
ramsey@extremezone.com=20
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Richard Brekne=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Friday, June 08, 2001 8:31 AM
  Subject: Re: The bottom line versus integrity

    =20
    "Kevin E. Ramsey" wrote:=20
          The point is; for what do we work? Some people are in the =
business for the bottom line only. That's all they care about;( and I'm =
not talking about piano technicians here.) All they care about is how =
much money they can get for the least amount of effort.  (snip)     The =
price on my integrity is so high, that I'll probably die and be buried =
in a paupers grave like Mozart. The blame belongs to my parents who =
taught me right from wrong.

  According to Peter Schaffer Mozart died a pauper because he was a =
political and social idiot. The fellow rode into Vienna and took the =
place by storm... then proceeded to alientate himself from his father, =
get completly outmanuvered by a few bumbling buearucrates that didnt =
like his style, and destroyed by a third rate court composer who was =
jeoulous of his talent and felt cheated by God.=20

  But then Petter Schaffer was just a writer... grin=20
   =20

  --=20
  Richard Brekne=20
  RPT, N.P.T.F.=20