Noisy action

jolly roger baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Wed, 06 Jun 2001 20:49:21 -0500

Hi Jeannie,
                  A flimsy frame of soft wood, high strike weight, and
heavier hornbeam parts makes perfect sense.
Maticulous bedding of back rail and dags can make a big difference.  The
back rail cloth bothers me also.  I would be tempted use a thinner cloth
glued at both edges with a softer ( Thick name board felt will do)  unglued
felt in the middle.  Or a varient of the Yamaha method.  Thats how they
achieve quiet operation with their soft wood frames.
Food for thought.
see ya in Reno
Roger