Noisy action

David Ilvedson ilvey@jps.net
Wed, 06 Jun 2001 11:32:33 -0700

Jeannie,

I have a customer with Feurich 6' 4" grand, Renner action.  I came into the
situation where he wasn't touching the piano and hated it because of the
excessive action noise.  What I ended up doing was regulating the height of
the jack in the wippen, which was low.  The noise lessened quite a bit.  I
checked the pinning on the hammer flange and found the pin loose in the
birdseye.  I ended up repinning the entire action.  He now loves the piano
again.  Check the height of the jack, its position with the knuckle and the
pinning.

Good luck

David I.

On 6/6/01 at 8:56 AM Jeannie Grassi wrote:

>Hello All,
>I'm wondering if many of you have had a chance to tune a new Charles
Walter