!Wood cell fairies/soundboards improving with age?

Erwinpiano Erwinpiano@email.msn.com
Tue, 5 Jun 2001 17:30:04 -0700

Del and list

    I can see that you all have gotten some mileage out of my post of which
Del and others made some interesting comments.
   My real main point which I was trying to share seems to have been lost on
you all since the real issue of the thread was tone improvement of
soundboards over time.  I was only trying to state that I  have observed
this change over time as I do follow some of the belly jobs that go out.
After how else do you learn any thing from what your doing.
  I'm guessing that part was either dismissed as subjective crap or no one
was interested in that part of the post? ( Much in  this business is
subjective)
I.a Psycho-acoustic affect of touch weight in tandem with tone
(bright/mellow) The actual touch weight being perceived as light or heavy
can have nothing to do with the actual weight issue but the  perception of
weight is determined by how hard the player must press the keys to get the
desired dynamic. Talk about subjective, yeah and your customer wants you to
fix it by putting more lead or less in the keys.
   I bring this up because there is a lot of great science on the list but I
see the subjective as a possible tool to better understand the science.
   Hey all I know is I have hears soundboard tone change over time and
that's all I was really trying to say.Take it for what it's worth