Violins as pianos & pianos as violins

Tue, 5 Jun 2001 11:42:07 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard Brekne" <rbrekne@broadpark.no>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: June 05, 2001 9:12 AM
Subject: Re: Violins as pianos & pianos as violins

> I'm sorry... dont quite get your point... I thought we were talking about
wood
> aging... and in the course of that discussion somebody mentioned that this
kind
> of disscussion came up frequently in the violin trade...

Yes, it does. And my violin-maker friend gets just as upset with them as I
do. He can't imagine why anyone would attempt to compare the violin tone
producing mechanism with that of the piano. According to him they are quite
different. So different, in fact, that there is really no comparison to be
made at all.

Regards,

Del