odorless CA (revisited)

kam544@flash.net kam544@flash.net
Sat, 2 Jun 2001 23:30:05 -0500

>...Bob Smith Super Gold thin CA.
>Keith McGavern

>...The odorless CA is 2/3rds the strength of the regular CA...
>Howard S. Rosen, RPT

List,

I have now tried this product.  While it may be odorless, I have decided it
is simply not thin enough to penetrate the needed areas of the tuning pins
that are demonstrating marginal holding abilities.

FYI: I went back to the blue label type *super* thin glue to finish the
job.  Incidently, it is near half the cost.

FWIW: Cure time on the Super Gold is advertised as 5-10 seconds.  The Blue
Label is advertised as 1-3 seconds.  According to the dealer where I
purchased the two products, these times are derived when used with balsa
wood.

Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731