No Bushings/Tuning Pin Size

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Sat, 2 Jun 2001 19:04:14 -0400

Comments below:

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Skolnik" <skolnik@attglobal.net>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Saturday, June 02, 2001 4:44 PM
Subject: Re: No Bushings/Tuning Pin Size

> Terry-
> You mean to say that, after all the recent posts regarding tuning pin
size,
> tuning pin bushings,  and Larudee's experiments, you still don't know what
> to do?

Well, forgive me. I looked though my archives and don't see anything related
from Paul Larudee (I have some on pinblock stuff, but not that answers my
question). And that is why I asked how thick a Steinway plate is. If it is
the same thickness as my square, then I know what to do. If it is not, I am
looking for input. And by the way, "How thick are Steinway plates - they and
other non-bushed plates...?"

>  It seems clear to me you should incorporate all of the ideas, with
> documentation, so that the rest of us will know what to do when our turn
> comes.  If you need the various thread titles, let me know.

This is the first rebuild I have done with a plate with no tuning pin
bushings. I have never had a Steinway in my shop. I have an idea, a Steinway
plate is about the same thickness, and of course, then I have lots of info
with which to make my decision. But I don't know that for sure. That is why
I asked. Just looking for info.

Terry Farrell