It won't be a Steinway anymore!

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Sat, 2 Jun 2001 08:52:41 -0400

"The case and the plate are probably the only components of a piano that =

should stay together. Those are the "guts" of the piano. Anything else =
can be=20
changed."

This was the point to my previous post. The plate is NOT made by =
Steinway when the instrument is new!  Steinway uses MAJOR non-Steinway =
components in their NEW pianos. NEW Steinways are not Steinways! So, if =
you used all Steinway parts in a rebuild, you would have an all-Steinway =
non-Steinway!

The bottom line being: "Keep your Steinway ALL Steinway" has nothing to =
do with reality. The philosophy is nothing more than marketing crud - =
and the customer that has been hooked by it would benefit from some =
education. New Steinways are not all-Steinway. So to use non-Steinway =
replacement parts is consistent with factory standards.

I hate marketing dingbats. How do they sleep at night? They are like =
little bullies in the schoolyard who laugh over having successfully made =
fun of someone and gotten away with it. Biological scum. Advertising =
with some meat and truth is OK. But to just do it with slogans, etc. - =
yuk. It makes me wonder about the public at large sometimes.

Terry Farrell

----- Original Message -----=20