sharps

Dave Nereson dnereson@dimensional.com
Fri, 1 Jun 2001 15:31:55 -0600

<Gang:

I have a theory that black keys were always called sharps for the simple reason that on typewriters there is no flat key.  We could write F# easily, but G-flat had to be written out.>

Except that pianos and organs existed before typewriters.
<'Cause you'd confuse the heck out of peoples like me who work on
harpsichords and fortepiani with dark coloured naturals and light coloured
flarps.>

There we go!  "Flarps".   Or would "Shats" or "shlats" be better?
                                                                                                    --Dave N.

---