Baldwins, American, Japanese and other makes.

Jeannie Grassi jgrassi@silverlink.net
Fri, 1 Jun 2001 08:34:29 -0700

Don,
You're right, of course.  In my haste, I got my German names mixed up.  Just
this week I serviced a Schiedmayer studio.  (It doesn't even sound close!)
The customer was under the impression that she had bought a German piano.
It was clearly marked on the plate that it was made in Japan and my trusty
Pierce atlas led me to Kawai.

Sorry for the confusion, Stephen, and others.  I clearly needed one more cup
of coffee before sending that post!!:>)

jeannie

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf Of
Donald Mannino
Sent: Friday, June 01, 2001 6:37 AM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: RE: Baldwins, American, Japanese and other makes.

  Jeannie,

  Sorry, Kawai did not make any Steingraeber pianos as far as I know!

  We do make some nice 52" uprights, though. K-60 and K-80

  www.kawaius.com

  Don Mannino RPT

  At 09:49 PM 5/31/01 -0700, you wrote:

    Stephen,
    You might try Kawai.  Some of them were made in Japan, under that name
by
    Kawai.  I suppose it depends on how old the instrument is.

    jeannie

    Jeannie Grassi, RPT
    Associate Editor, Piano Techncians Journal
    mailto:jgrassi@silverlink.net