survey of opion

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Fri, 1 Jun 2001 07:23:12 -0400

------=_NextPart_001_0073_01C0EA6B.B79E9EC0
1.  How large a diameter for the whole device do you think they can be? =
6",6.5", larger ?

All depends on size of wheel and piano. The bigger the wheel and piano, =
the bigger the caster cup.

2.  Does a bowl shape look graceful enough by eliminating the outside =
area?

In a word - NO - but I could be wrong - just my humble opinion.

3.  Should the cup area be flat or semi concave?=20

I would say for small wheels, the regular curved/concave is great. For =
the BIG WIDE wheels you see on some newer BIG pianos though, the flat =
may well be better - or perhaps a flat bottom with an upcurved edge.

Caster cups, I believe, can really add an edge to the appearance of a =
piano. A year or two ago you sent me some ink-jet print outs of pictures =
of your cups. I know it is difficult to develop a whole marketing =
program, but we technicians that would like to sell your cups need =
something more to convey to a piano owner what you have to offer. I just =
delivered a rebuilt piano to a lady two days ago to her brand-new home =
and she immediately asked about a set of nice caster cups. She has a =
small brownish/redish mahagony grand (small casters) with a =
honey-oak-stained oak floor. I only had some black caster cups to her to =
use to not scratch the floor - poor piano looks like its got army boots =
on it.

Can you custom match a color? Do you have a price list?

Thanks.

Terry Farrell
 =20
  ----- Original Message -----=20