prices for tuning in your country?

Gregor Weldert gregor@weldert.de
Mon, 30 Jul 2001 21:53:50 +0200

> My price for an hour and a half tuning is $80. It seems about 40% goes out
> in taxes and operating expenses. The remaining 60% is divided up between
> housing, food, kids, and paying off student loans from when we attended
> college. Not much left over. What is it like in China? Or Germany? Or
South
> Africa? Or anywhere else?
>
> Ryan Sowers, RPT
> Puget Sound Chapter, #985
> Olympia, WA

Hi Ryan,

i pay for a 74 sqare meters  flat here in germany $520, gazoline is very
expensive: $1 each liter. (remember: i charge about $60 for a tuning).
Health insurance might be $200-400 (depends on age). But my situation is
another: because iīm not only selfemployed but also have another job, the
insurance is payed by my boss and me (half/half). So i donīt have to think
about it. Usualy the procedere in germany is as follows: as an employed your
boss and you pay 50:50 for health-, unemployment-, pension- and
nursinginsurance. If you get ill, old, unemployed or a case for nursuery,
the government pays for you (and it pays quite good in my opinion: no luxury
but no reason to worry. I know an unemployed guy who gets $1500 and have
nothing to pay for insurances. This is right now a theme for a realy polemic
disdussion in germany: no money for lazybones. Or are they no lazybones?).
The problem is: for this social safety you statistically work every year
until the 20th July only for insurance and tax, then money earning begins
for you. Thatīs one reason why german products are expensive (perhaps they
are high quality too).

Interessting question about tuning charge and costs of living. I will later
do a summary about that in a new mail. First i have do search for some facts
in the web.

Gregor
Germany