alternate way to post pictures

Dale Probst wardprobst@cst.net
Mon, 30 Jul 2001 12:53:51 -0500

Try:  Piano-Technicians@yahoogroups.com
It’s been there a while.
Dale
Dale Probst, RPT
Ward & Probst, Inc.
email: wardprobst@cst.net
(940)691-3682 voice
(940) 691-6843 fax

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org] On Behalf
Of Carol R. Beigel
Sent: Monday, July 30, 2001 12:59 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: alternate way to post pictures

Dear List:

I have not kept up to speed on this list for a few weeks, so forgive me
if this matter has already been discussed.  We used to post photos we
wanted people to see on an Xdrive account.  That was great; in fact so
good I even opened one myself.  However, Xdrive Express has discontinued
their free service in favor of one called Xdrive Plus that costs $4.95 a
month, but has no advertising.  Can't say I blame Xdrive.  However, all
those photos that used to be there are not longer available unless
whoever subscribed to the new service and moved them.

This brings me to seeking other free alternatives unless the PTG wants
to pay for an XdrivePlus account.  Actually that would not break my
heart.  I am suggesting, if no one has found a better alternative, that
we set up a Yahoo Group at www.yahoogroups.com called Pianotechgroup.
It comes with 30meg free space - more than enough to post losts of
photos.  We could also store other kinds of files, take polls, etc.  The
Disklavier Users Group uses this service, and we have a file vault of
software programs and MIDI files.

We can set the group up as a public group, list the group in the public
directory, allow anyone to join and anyone to upload files. It can be
unmoderated.  If there is trouble, we can always change any of the above
options.

What do you think?

Carol Beigel
Greenbelt, Maryland