prices for tuning in your country?

baoli liu baoli_liu@yahoo.com
Mon, 30 Jul 2001 10:15:54 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Ryan,

The housing(most Chinese live in apartments,not in a
house) were assigned by the goverment,we had been
paying a few dollars each month for the rent.
About two years ago,I  spent  3,000 dollars to "buy"
two apartments which were assigned to me a few years
ago.

So housing is "dirty cheap" in China. (private-owned
house is an exception)

Health insurance of mine was payed by goverment
because I worked for a public Consevatory.the medical
cost is very low,for example,the cost to see a doctor
is from half dollar to six dollar.

when I studied in colleage and university, everything
was payed by  goverment,including accomadation and
(part of) the food.

My only child was borm in the United States two months
ago,so I don't know much about the cost about kids in
China,I have the impression that it's very expensive.
More than 90 percent of Chinese family have only one
child,the parents want to pay more for their children
to get good education,have better life,etc'.

Best Wishes!

Baoli Liu, Brand-new RPT

University of Wisconsin-Madison