S. Africa Guild Chapter, was WEBSITE

J Patrick Draine draine@mediaone.net
Sun, 29 Jul 2001 18:14:52 -0400

>Brian,
>
>It sounds to me like you're getting close to qualifying as a chapter.

Whoa! Slow down a bit! The bylaws proposals dealing with
International Correspondents and related issues did not pass, and the
whole issue has been sent back to the International Correspondent
Study Group for further study and development of approaches to make
membership of non-North Americans in conformance with our bylaws.
Formation of "off shore" PTG chapters is not currently possible.
However, I would encourage you all to express your views and
enthusiasm on the issue to the ICGS, which will once again be chaired
by Bob Bussell.
My understanding (I was not able to attend Council) is that an
extended discussion of the issue is planned for the 2002 Council.

Patrick Draine

PS This is really a discussion for the ptg-l list