Soundboard Problems.

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Sun, 29 Jul 2001 07:15:48 -0400

Warrantee, yes. But if you end up doing the work, how does one go about =
applying proper clamping pressure to the joint?????

Terry Farrell =20
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Wimblees@AOL.COM=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Saturday, July 28, 2001 10:23 AM
  Subject: Re: Soundboard Problems.

  In a message dated 7/27/01 9:23:21 PM Central Daylight Time,=20
  ramsey@extremezone.com writes:=20

    My question to this esteemed gathering is, shouldn't this have been =
glued at=20
    the factory? And yet, I don't see any evidence of any glue having =
ever been=20
    applied to this joint.=20
       The reason I'm asking is that I'm not a rebuilder, but I know =
that on a=20
    grand the SB is glued to the inner rim. Not on this upright.=20
       This should be an easy one, just tell me if I made the right =
call.=20

    Kevin E. Ramsey, R.P.T.=20

  You made the right call. Now, the next call you should make is to the =
dealer,=20
  and/or Samick. I believe this might be considered a manufacturers =
defect, and=20
  should be covered under their warrantee.=20

  Willem=20