Wet and Wild Steinway

Yardarm103669107@AOL.COM Yardarm103669107@AOL.COM
Sat, 28 Jul 2001 12:49:17 EDT

In a message dated 7/27/2001 12:17:29 PM Central Daylight Time,
kam544@flash.net writes:

<<
 Maybe the visceral reaction you are experiencing is because you are
 treading on some of these published ethics you profess need to be upheld by
 another.

 1. I will act honorably and in a professional manner.
 6. I will promote, in any way that I can, good will toward my profession
 and toward the music industry.

 It is prudent to examine and judge carefully one's position on matters of
 importance.

Keith:
You understand what I am saying then. Honor is an attitude of upholding
standards of behavior not just for oneself but for one's professional
associations and the association with which one is allied. If that honorable
standard is compromised, then it is our responsibility to point it out and
ask for mitigation. If one fears to do so, then it is a dishonor of oneself
and one's profession. Rather than attack me, Keith, look at the issue
clearly.

If promoting good will is accepting base behavior, then I would suggest that
that is a strange definition of good will. It is my good will that SW be all
that they can be; I have no animus toward SW as a corporation, nor toward any
person, nor toward their pianos in general (individual pianos are another
matter). I do have a visceral reaction toward improper and unethical
marketing. Sorry you don't.
PR-J