Steinway

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Sat, 28 Jul 2001 10:01:52 EDT

In a message dated 7/26/01 11:52:55 PM Central Daylight Time, JIMRPT@AOL.COM
writes:

> The operative words here are *local dealer*. Further you only have the
> customers word for the 'supposed' dealer's wording of the "investment"
> qualities of his S&S. What the customer wanted to hear and what the dealer
> actually said 'might' be vastly different things. This is not nearly enough
> evidence to paint S&S as "unethical" in any sense of the word.'

Many of your responses to what I said are all related to what you say above.
It is the perception of what the customer is hearing, just as it is the
perception of what the web site says. In truth, everything Steinway says is
true. What bothers me a little is that they make it sound as if only Steinway
pianos appreciate in value. What I am a little upset with is that the other
manufacturers don't step up to the plate and defend their product. All pianos
are selling for twice what they did 10 years ago. All pianos appreciate in
value at about the sate rate as a Steinway.

As you said "A greedy dealer and a greedy customer are each other's lawful
prey"
The question is, is Steinway a greedy company, or are the dealers greedy to
get the sale?

Wim