bosendorfer research

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 10:07:03 EDT

In a message dated 7/26/01 1:46:55 AM Central Daylight Time,
stephen_airy@yahoo.com writes:

> What would you say I would expect to pay (not
> including shipping) for a Bosey 290 that hasn't been
> rebuilt?  I'm thinking like one that needs new
> hammers, strings, tuning pins, etc, short of replacing
> the pinblock and soundboard, and maybe gluing minor
> cracks on the bridges.  I would prefer that it be able
> to work with some major regulation and stuff, and be
> able to hold a tune, albeit with somewhat loose tuning
> pins would be ok but so long as it doesn't require a
> major pitch raise every 3 months.
>
> I can't afford one yet, I just am trying to price them
> so that I'll know how much $ I need to save and will
> be able to get an idea (once I get a job) of how long
> it may take before I can get one.

I don't think it is a matter of how much they are, as much as is there a used
one available. Bosey's are like Rolls. They get passed down from one
generation to another. I don't think I have even seen a post WWII Bosey for
sale, especially not a 290.

Willem