bosendorfer research

Stephen Airy stephen_airy@yahoo.com
Wed, 25 Jul 2001 23:38:42 -0700 (PDT)

What would you say I would expect to pay (not
including shipping) for a Bosey 290 that hasn't been
rebuilt?  I'm thinking like one that needs new
hammers, strings, tuning pins, etc, short of replacing
the pinblock and soundboard, and maybe gluing minor
cracks on the bridges.  I would prefer that it be able
to work with some major regulation and stuff, and be
able to hold a tune, albeit with somewhat loose tuning
pins would be ok but so long as it doesn't require a
major pitch raise every 3 months.

I can't afford one yet, I just am trying to price them
so that I'll know how much $ I need to save and will
be able to get an idea (once I get a job) of how long
it may take before I can get one.