International Convention?

atonal@telusplanet.net atonal@telusplanet.net
Wed, 25 Jul 2001 14:52:27 -0600

John, John & Robert,

Perhaps the question of hosting was addressed in previous posts,
but two conventions in Canada 20 years apart and a failed bid for
the 2001 Convention for Calgary (remember, customs problems, as
John R. mentioned) doesn't make it in the International class as
say, a G8 summit. And speaking of which, doesn't an international
event attract protesters these days?

Regardless,  the naming of the convention isn't really the issue here
anyway, you can call it the Pan-Galactic Sentient Gathering of
Vibrational Frequency Manipulators and someone will still take
offence. How about a National convention with international
attendees? or how about just "The PTG Convention"? It's an annual
event, and other events are distinguished by 'Regional' or 'Seminar'.

Food for thought on a rainy day,

Regards,

> >OK, great, so is this truly 'International' convention going to be
> >held in different countries so that we can all have a turn at
> >hosting
>
> So far it's been held in both Canada and the United states, which
> are two different countries if I correctly remember my geography
> classes. Considering most other countries don't have enough "local"
> RPTs to form a chapter yet let alone put on a large convention I
> suspect that North America is "it" be default.
>
> >And can afford to attend using local currency? No? National it is
> >then....
>
> That's a different question. I was able to afford to go to Reno (a
> different country from mine) only because I had quit smoking for 100
> days. I met members there from a half-dozen other countries so
> International it is!
>
> With the loosening of the AmeriCanadian border lately perhaps we may
> see the  International convention here in Calgary again in the near
> future. Until members can be "beamed" from place to place I suspect
> the convention will be held somewhere in North America just for the
> convenience, though there's been talk of one in Hawaii. That one
> *will* be expensive!
>
>                  John
>
> John Musselwhite, RPT    -     Calgary, Alberta Canada
> http://www.musselwhite.com  http://canadianpianopage.com/calgary
> mailto: john@musselwhite.com    http://www.mp3.com/fatbottom

Rob Kiddell RPT
Baldwin Piano