Chicago convention naming (was timing)

kam544@flash.net kam544@flash.net
Wed, 25 Jul 2001 07:51:40 -0500

>...Also, of course, we could agree to call it the National because
>of the large numbers of people from various Nations attending it ...
>
>Susan...

Susan, List,

I like your genuine twist and sincere intent, Susan, but unfortunately, by
definition, national means:
1. Of, relating to, or belonging to a nation as an organized whole.
2. Of or relating to nationality.
3. Characteristic of or peculiar to the people of a nation.
4. Of or maintained by the government of a nation.
5. Being in the interest of one's own nation.
6. Devoted to one's own nation or its interests; patriotic.

whereas, international means:
1. Of, relating to, or involving two or more nations.
2. Extending across or transcending national boundaries.

Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731
Piano Technicians Guild