Chicago convention naming (was timing)

Susan Kline sckline@home.com
Tue, 24 Jul 2001 21:26:45 -0700

>Avery says:
>>Better be careful calling it the "National".  <snip>

Hmmmm, better be careful calling it the "National", hmmmmmm.

Well, I don't know why a good majority of the rest of the Guild
calls it the "National", but I, at least, call it the National
to differentiate it from the various Regionals. It's no use
calling the National the Annual, since all the Regionals are
Annuals as well. As for the implied but missing "Convention",
what other National occurrence are members of the PTG likely
to be talking about, when asking each other if they are going
to attend something next year?

Also, of course, we could agree to call it the National because
of the large numbers of people from various Nations attending it ...

Susan

P.S. Bill, have you ever visited the stock message boards found
in Yahoo Finance? You'd feel right at home. Just type in the
trading symbol of any fairly large company, and then click
on "Messages" ...