Plate refinishing and agraffe replacement

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Tue, 24 Jul 2001 21:18:15 -0400

Hey big guy! Nice to see your post.

> If you're spraying with the agraffes out, there are
> roofing nails which will cover the seat.
> Bob Davis

The few plates I have done now, I have always pulled the agraffes out. I
also used the roofing nails (with the rubber gromet under the head. It cover
most of the agraffe footprint. I have kinda worried a bit about the little
bit of finish that will be under the agraffe, but I have never had a
problem. I use one or two coats of undercoat, two or three coats of Behlin
Piano Gold lacquer, and two coats of clear lacquer. I have also not had any
trouble with plate screws tearing up the new finish. I wonder why? Now if I
could only figure out how the make the screwdriver from taking divits out of
the finish!

Terry Farrell