Wet and Wild Steinway

Clark Sprague clark@evola.com
Mon, 23 Jul 2001 17:55:08 -0400

Esteemed colleagues,        I was sent to the University today to look =
at a rebuilt Steinway, that had a pipe burst over it over the weekend.  =
Ceiling tile debris soaked and plastered to the case and strings, =
reddish finish running off when I lifted the lid, action soaked and =
frozen, keys frozen, rust starting on strings and pins (and bridge =
pins), etc.  What say ye?          I remember some discussion about =
similar situations in the past, but the University folk wanted me to run =
it by you again.  Piano is insured.  Is it trashed, or what?
Clark Sprague, RPT
Toledo, Ohio