Welcome home from convention OT

Phil Ryan pryan2@the-beach.net
Sat, 21 Jul 2001 08:19:39 -0400

Just a personal note:

On returning home(Miami) from the convention at midnight Monday, I found my
two cars missing, and the front lawn devoid of grass and the area smelling
like the city dump and the local gas station.  I came to find out that
earlier in the day a huge garbage truck lost control coming down the street,
hit a tree, rammed my two cars together and then into another tree.  The
garbage truck  then rolled over on top of the cars, spilling all of its
garbage on my front lawn and puncturing its fuel tank spilling 50 gallons of
diesel fuel into my lawn.  It took the city six hours to upright the truck
and clean up  the garbage.  They left the smelly water, maggots and diesel
fuel.    My cars were brought to a impound lot and were so badly mangled
(totalled), I couldn't get in to retrieve personal items.  One of them was
new, only two months old.  Luckily, the two truck drivers were not seriously
injured.

The garbage truck company has good insurance, but it's a terrible
inconvenience to go through the process of adjusters, insurance companies,
body shops, rental cars, wrecker companies, car dealers etc. etc.

I enjoyed the convention, but could have done without the disturbing
homecoming.

Phil Ryan
Miami Beach, FL