buying clients/business

Doepke Family doepke@fwi.com
Fri, 20 Jul 2001 22:25:13 -0500

	I am looking for some educated input.  I hope you can help.

My piano tuning/technician mentor as offered to sell off some of his
customers when my skills have improved to a point where he feels comfortable
doing so.  He is getting older and is starting to think about cutting back
on his work day.  He has an enormous client list and has just become a part
owner of a piano store.  He is getting burned out and has been working with
me for close to 2 years preparing me to take over abit for him.

How are clients/customers sold?  Is this done on a one-by-one client basis?

I have expressed some concern that there is much trust and a level of
confidence that he has built with his customers.  He has quietly explained
to me that when I am ready he will introduce me to his customers in order to
make a smoother transition.  I feel that this is very important for the
future relationship with the customers.

Any feedback will be very much appreciated.

Brian
doepke@fwi.com