Tuning Complaint - Client Relationship

Jon Page jonpage@mediaone.net
Fri, 20 Jul 2001 06:50:17 -0400

I say, charge them too.  Had they called immediately with a concern then a
follow-up inspection
would be chalked up to customer service.  You will probably find the middle
sharp and the treble
and bass "flat". Then again, it could be the piano player not hearing properly.

Last month I tuned a small grand for a restaurant. The cats came in to gig
and the horn players
said that the piano was a quarter tone flat, 'man'.  I said they need to
roll smaller bones before the gig.
I went back and found the piano on pitch and in tune.  No further
complaints. The 5' grand has a large
grand-shaped 'table top' on top of the lid and high chairs all around. Not
much sound gets out except
from the bottom and the removed small lid lock bar and a Helpenstill
pickup. Nice little piano though, Behning.

Stick to your guns, advise humidity control since temperature control is
not an option,

Regards,
Jon Page,   piano technician
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass.