coil maker...

Warren Fisher fish@communique.net
Thu, 19 Jul 2001 21:14:32 -0500

I use the Sciortino hand held coiler that I got from American.  It is very fast
and makes a very consistant coil. Getting the coil off a dummy is very quick
because there is a slight amount of slack in the coil when you release the
winding tension. By pressing the coil on the side away from the becket with
your thumb, you have enough room to get your needle noses under enough to pry
out the becket against the top of the pin. If you are careful, the becket will
spring back so there is little distortion of the coil and it can be sprung on
to the pin in the piano and popped easily into the becket hole.  After the pin
is turned, the becket can be pushed into the hole with a pair of parallel
pliers.

Hope this helps,

Warren