Convention at Reno

Paul tunenbww@clear.lakes.com
Thu, 19 Jul 2001 07:53:10 -0500

OK. I'm a little slow at getting this out, but I wanted to thank all =
those who worked to put the convention at Reno together. All of us =
benefit because a few are willing to volunteer to advance piano =
technology. It was good to meet people that are only names on the tech =
list and PTJ. Not many list members showed up at our gathering, but I =
enjoyed meeting those in attendance. And, yes Ron N. is just as witty in =
the flesh. I made the mistake of scheduling too tight to work in more =
social time with people I'd like to get to know, i.e. Del Fandrich was =
just coming as I was leaving, and Jeannie Grassie, and Newton Hunt, and =
Robert Goodale, and others who frequent this list. And Richard =
Breckne...where did you go? We shook hands at the Steinway concert, but =
didn't see him again. Sorry, to be brief, Richard, I had a date.
Yes, it was expensive to take a week, go to council meetings and =
classes, lose a weeks income, etc. But, I came away with information =
that I could not get anywhere and in great quantity. I can now change =
some techniques, incorporate some new techniques, improve my efficiency, =
add to my mental (and physical) tool box; all to improve my customer =
relationships and bottom line.

Thanks to all IC staff, home office staff, instructors, manufacturers, =
vendors, exhibitors, everyone!

Paul Chick