coil maker...

pianolover 88 pianolover88@hotmail.com
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 16:26:04 -0700

I'd like to get the list's recommendations on which "coil maker" I should
use. In the past, having never before restrung an entire section, such as
the bass, i've always made my coils right on the tuning pin in the piano.
Since this is an older piano, I want to make the coils outside the piano so
i can save wear & tear on the old pins, which are still quite tight. Any
suggestions on a coil maker? There seems to be a few ready-made ones to
choose from, but I would like to get the one that will be the easiest and
most efficient to use. Thanks!

Terry Peterson
Precision Piano Service
Torrance, CA