free music notation software? (don't know where else to ask)

Stephen Airy stephen_airy@yahoo.com
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 08:10:35 -0700 (PDT)

 I don't have to have MIDI, but I do need something a little better than Finale NotePad.  It doesn't have to be as nice as the full version of Finale, though.  Just a little more support for grace notes and 32nd or 64th notes and maybe a couple other features, like the ability to change time signatures or key signatures mid-song (if NotePad doesn't already have this).  I'd gladly buy a program, but I can't afford it right now.  When I can afford to buy things, the first things I plan to get are a new set of bass strings for my piano and a better tuning hammer (right now I have a cheap gooseneck hammer).
  atonal@telusplanet.net wrote: Um, Stephen,

If MIDI notation and proper time signatures are what you need, quit
messing around and by Finale or Rhapsody or (very cool) Sibelius.
Free software is worth what you pay for it.

Regards

Rob Kiddell RPT
Atonal Piano Service
http://www.atonal.ca