Here's a tip from Reno

Tvak@AOL.COM Tvak@AOL.COM
Mon, 16 Jul 2001 19:31:37 EDT

Attending the class entitled BUILDING A $100K A YEAR PIANO SERVICE BUSINESS,
taught by David Barr, I learned that there are basically two ways you can
make $100K in a year.
    #1. You can tune 4 pianos a day, 5 days a week, 50 weeks out of the year,
and if you charge $100 per tuning, you'll make $100K.
    #2. You can tune 5 pianos a day, 6 days a week, and charge $65/tuning.

The rest of the class was just as informative.  It was a feel-good fest that
was a waste of my time.  Perhaps if it was title differently---the words
"BUILDING"  and the specific dollar amount "$100K"  led me to believe it was
to be an informative "how to" kind of class with some specifics.  As someone
who would be thrilled if his business grew to $30K, this gave me no real
information.

On the other hand, there were many excellent classes.  Anyone who has never
attended, let me encourage you to come to Chicago next year.  You won't
regret it.   I won't bore you all with the details, but I learned alot and
bought too much equipment. (PTG Journal CDs, Cybertuner update, a new tool
case, to name some of the big ticket items.)

I also got to meet Newton and many other listees, and had a chance to thank
them for the wealth of information I have gleaned from this list.  I don't
post much, but I do read every day and it has been very informative.

Thanks again to all of you.

Tom Sivak
Chicago