Piano technician needed

Kit Cleworth Kitster@mosquitonet.com
Sun, 15 Jul 2001 16:48:53 -0800

Over the years this list has helped me in a number of ways, and I'm hoping
it can so so once again.

My home town of Fairbanks, Alaska, is in need of a piano tuner and tech
with at least basic repair and some rebuilding skills.  I have been working
here in that field for about 16 years and have more customers than I can
handle.  Now I get word that the other full-time tech here (there are
several more part-timers) is leaving the area.

The local piano store (Kawai, Young Chang, Baldwin) needs somebody who can
do floor tunings and service its customers.  They have already approached
me, but I'm in the process of raising my rates (from $85 to $92, to give
you some idea of the market) and have no desire to do more tunings for less
money.

This is an area of about 85,000 people in the middle of Alaska with income
levels well above average.  Two military bases, lots of schools, the
statewide center of the University of Alaska and more church pianos than
you could imagine all need attention.  Yes, I've tied up a lot of the best
customers over the years but there are plenty more left.

As you might have heard it gets cold here, but the summers are great -
currently 77 degrees and sunny blue skies.  I'm not going to give you the
chamber of commerce pitch, but if you're interested, please contact me
privately and I'll answer any questions I can.

(Mr.) Kit Cleworth