restringing bass

Stephen Airy stephen_airy@yahoo.com
Sat, 14 Jul 2001 22:37:29 -0700 (PDT)

What's the average/best cost for bass strings?  I
would like to restring the bass section sometime soon
in my 1913 (sn37123) Ricca & Son upright (10 mono
notes, 17 bi notes) but I don't know if I have the
money right now.  I am thinking about using the old
pins for now (cause i have to be cheap) so I know it
won't be very stable.  The A1 string length is
approximately 56".