restringing bass

Barrie Heaton piano@a440.co.uk
Sat, 14 Jul 2001 10:35:52 +0100

In message <105.621c432.2881119d@aol.com>, Wimblees@AOL.COM writes

>Terry
>
>The fast and easy way to do this is to take all the old strings off, clean
>up
>the area, and then restring (and repin), with the new strings. You won't
>damage the rest of the piano. You'll have to retune the treble, but you'll
>be
>surprised at how well it stayed in tune, considering what you just did.
>
>It will help if you can tip the piano on it's back on a tilter.
>
>Have fun

I would agree with Wim to on this one  and add, start in the Bass and
work to the treble as your fingers get tired you are working on a
thinner string as you  go up to the treble.

Barrie,

--
Barrie Heaton      PGP key on request           http://www.a440.co.uk/
AcryliKey Ivory Repair System UK ©              http://www.acrylikey.co.uk/