Player Piano Pneumatic Rewind

Tony Caught caute@optusnet.com.au
Sat, 14 Jul 2001 00:52:36 +0930

Hi Rob,

Don't know the brand of player piano, what is the brand of player mechanism
?

Not sure that I can help as I haven't done pianolas for years but check this
out.

On the LHS at the top of the bottom bellows there may be a box with a
pneumatic attached, the pneumatic has a wire or bar attached doing to the
top RHS and into the motor control box.

If this is your pianola type then the box on the LHS is key. This box has a
tube coming out of it, attach  this tube via tubing to the slider valve and
all should work.

When the air is either cut off or opened it causes the pneumatic to close
which closes the air intake to the upper stack and at the same time allows
more air to go to the motor for faster rewind. Sometimes the pneumatic can
be not wide enough which can also cause problems.

If this helps, great if not in the spool box there should be the name of the
maker of the pianola mechanism. Find it ,let me know the type and I will
have a look in a book.

The best other option is the mechanical digest list. That is where all the
Player guys hang out.

Regards

Tony Caught ICPTG
Australia