traveling with tuning tools

Billbrpt@AOL.COM Billbrpt@AOL.COM
Wed, 11 Jul 2001 11:19:11 EDT

In a message dated 7/11/01 10:11:31 AM Central Daylight Time, Tvak@AOL.COM
 writes:

> That's all I'll really need in Reno, but what if I was taking the technical
> test and I needed my tools?  I guess I'd just have to stow them in with the

I often travel by air, far and wide.  I have the large case made by Genck.  I
put the cloth cover around it and tape it up with sealer tape and put it in
with checked luggage.  I have insurance through American Express.  Only once
was this item misrouted but was delivered to me a short time later by the
airline.

I wouldn't worry so much about the airline totally losing a piece of luggage
like that.  That would be very rare.  If, however, it worries you that much
and you can get past security with your tools, you can always do what is
called "gate check" the item where it is stored in a separate hold and given
back to you as you exit the aircraft, it does not go on the luggage carousel
with all the other baggage.

Bill Bremmer RPT
Madison, Wisconsin