traveling with tuning tools

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Wed, 11 Jul 2001 09:57:50 EDT

Tom

I took my complete tuning kit with me to St. Thomas in March. Obviously they
wanted to look at my kit. I think what helped is that I was very open, honest
and upfront with them. I told them exactly who I was, and what I was
carrying, before they opened my bag. I turned on the SAT, opened my roll of
tools where they could see screwdrivers, pliers, etc. They examined
everything, and I was allowed to go on.

I really think the way I presented myself to the inspectors, helped get me
through. I think these people have enough training to recognize someone who
is trying to hide something.

As a last precaution, however, make sure your kit is in such condition that
if needed, it can be taken away and put in the cargo hold of the airplane.

Have a good time in Reno

Wim