Fw: New and improved Steinway parts.BUT not the hammers!

Erwinpiano Erwinpiano@email.msn.com
Mon, 9 Jul 2001 20:13:34 -0700

Hi Rodger

  I forgot to tell you that at this point in time I do not use the Stwy  =
hammers.  Yeah I know many who do.  Resilient felt  is one thing and =
flabby is another and I just plain like to know what I'm getting.  I =
just changed off a set that came with a 6 ish yr.old model L"The =
Immortal series" turn of the century  style case.  Nice board no =
tone.Soggy hammers. I could push them all over the molding with my =
thumb. Just my humble opinion and preference but I've had trouble with =
hammers I had to douse  with 2 to1 or 3 to 1 lacquer to make tone. Often =
by the  time the hammers start to speak it's hard or Impossible to get =
needles in.
  However I would use factory hammers if they were better but to my =
knowledge the presses and procedures are still the same.

     Enough said. Flame suit at the ready.
    Dale Erwin
  =20

----- Original Message -----=20