Dumb things we do

kam544@flash.net kam544@flash.net
Mon, 9 Jul 2001 12:36:36 -0500

>..>I drove well out of my way to tune a piano in a little country church...
>...the church wasn't opened the way I was promised it would be...
>Clyde

Clyde, List,

Been there, too, except instead of a window, I ended up picking an old time
rear door lock from the inside while on the outside.  To top it off, when I
left, I relocked it the same way I picked it to prevent someone from
walking in.  Quite a challenge.

I was nervous about doing that initially, but I just wasn't about to turn
around after driving all that distance, and it was important to them to
have it done for a special event.

Later that day, I called them to let them know no one showed to let me in,
and that their rear door lock wasn't all that secure, so I let myself in to
tune the piano.  It was appreciated.

Disclaimer: I don't recommend this approach.

Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731
Piano Technicians Guild