Date on David Love's emails-curious

Newton Hunt nhunt@optonline.net
Mon, 09 Jul 2001 09:57:55 -0400

Then don't turn it off.

Input the time and date every time you boot.

There are programs that depend upon the inter clock for doing date and time
calculations and all the files are saved with a date and time stamp.  There is a
program that caN go to the NIS atomic clock and set the computer clock.  More
accuracy is just not available anywhere.

Most of us sort our incoming mail by date so yours ends up at the top of my list
which is about 340 or so.  I don't look at the top of the list often.

You can get an external battery that will plug into a socket on the mother board
somewhere.  I did that with one of my old ones and that battery will last for a
hundred years, if it doesn't explode first.

Off to Reno tomorrow!

		Newton