Fw: shellac sealer on plate yes yes yesYES

jolly roger baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Sun, 08 Jul 2001 09:34:35 -0500

At 08:03 AM 7/8/01 -0400, you wrote:
>David -
>
>It sounds to me like you were using some shellac that was past its shelf
>life.  I have never heard of it "letting go" of any surface that was
>reasonably clean, nor have I EVER heard of lacquer having any
>compatibility problems with shellac whatsoever.  However, when shellac
>gets old it will never set up, remain kind of rubbery, and crinkle
>easily, and I could see it possibly shedding a top coat placed on it.

Hi Mark,
               Am I missing some thing?   I buy my Shellac in flakes and
mix it my self, then strain it through some old pantie hose.
Never had any problems.   I though those flakes lasted ad infinitum.
Regards Roger