My Hearing Condition ,Please read this

Warren Fisher fish@communique.net
Sun, 08 Jul 2001 08:22:14 -0500

David,

I use the water pik to clean out my ear wax for two reasons:
1.  I sleep with a foam ear plug in my left ear and sleep on my right one most
of the time so that the wax never gets a chance to drain out or whatever it
does.  Eventually there is enough buildup to cause difficulty hearing the beats
up in the treble; particularly the ones right around the center "on tune"
sound.  I use the water pik to gently remove the buildup and allow full use of
that ear again.

2. A water pik was used by my ear doctor to remove 3-4 large lumps of wax from
that ear ten years ago.  Considering your statement, I will check with him again
to see if he is still doing that, but I think that people who have problems with
irrigation already have perforations or other problems with their hearing.  I
cannot believe it would apply to a large percentage of the population.  I would
be in serious trouble if I couldn't correct  the situation periodically (2-3
times a year).
A friendly difference of opinion,
Warren