Rainy day tuning: Was: pitch change

Gary McCormick gmcc@pipeline.com
Sat, 7 Jul 2001 21:13:43 -0700

A couple of months ago, I tuned my dealers' Steinway D at one location for
it to be used that morning.  I took my time and did a nice job.  Later that
morning, it was moved to another location three blocks away, and I came in
expecting just a nice little touch-up.  I set up my RCT and was disheartened
to see it already 4-5 cents sharp.
Another time, same piano, delivered to location I arrived same time as the
movers, but they forgot one of the legs, so the piano was left on the dolly
while they went back to get the leg.  Having nothing to do, I fired up RCT
just to check things out.  It looked good blushing on all the A's.  Twenty
minutes later, the leg was on and I was ready for a quick run through.
Yikes!  2-3 cents sharp...
Gary McCormick